expert blog reviews

Monday 8 March 2010

CAN'T TEACH, WON'T BE TAUGHT



There is always a point in someone's life when someone else tries to tell you how to do something. They call it teaching. It is as fundamental to the human character as eating or talking. It forms and perpetuates the culture an individual is born into. Cultural evolution and adaptation emerge from the process of teaching. We are what we were taught.

Put down those books and walk into the wilderness naked. Learn, but refuse to be taught.

Gray Dourman
www.magichelix.com

1 comment:

  1. Getting old is not in the mind. It is in the body. I cannot do what I did. Something has changed. What is in my mind has changed. I can still do, but I cannot do what I did and yet I can see myself not doing it. That is not in the mind.

    Gray Dourman
    www.magichelix.com

    ReplyDelete