expert blog reviews

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Adam Curtis Genius Film Maker and Social Commentator




I saw Watched Over by Loving Machines the other night and I cannot get it out of my mind.  I am over sixty.  I worked for more than twenty five years in the Financial Services industry in the City of London and before that I was a journalist.  I am not stupid or naive and I read and watch financial and geopolitical news incessantly.  Adam Curtis demonstrated to me that I am however, ignorant.  His ability to tie together difficult to connect events is astounding and though I am yet to be convinced his proposition is correct, he has set me on a path of inquiry that is all at once entertaining, educational and enlightening.  I am grateful to this extraordinary man.

No comments:

Post a Comment