expert blog reviews

Thursday 30 August 2012

I'VE BEEN DUMPED





Twitter has just suspended my account.  No warning. No explanation.  Just suspension.  So what if I relied on Twitter for my living, for my well being, for my ability to communicate?  Where would I be?  

I love Twitter.  It is easily my preferred method of reaching people who want to know what I think and what I have to say.  Now I have to wait until they have reviewed my case to participate again.  It is of concern to me but I have to say I am at a lost to say exactly why.

I have not been on Twitter long.  I don't not spend a great deal of time on it.  Actually I'm on it less than 90 minutes a day and 90 minutes would be a long stint.  And yet, I feel a little like I feel when a woman dumps me or friend doesn't turn up for an appointment or my kids treat Father's Day with little or no effort.  It occurs to me that we build up unconscious dependencies without really understanding what function that dependency serves.  It defies logic that there would be dependency without function.

So I have to think long and hard about exactly what function Twitter serves in my life and will have to find alternatives and options so that if I am cut off again...well I have somewhere else to go.

Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment